Alexander, Murray: 5 State Insurance Commissioners to Testify at Sept. 6 Hearing on Stabilizing Premiums in the Individual Insurance Market
Posted on August 25, 2017
WASHINGTON, August 25 — Senate health committee Chairman Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Ranking Member Patty Murray (D-Wash.) today announced that on September 6 the Senate’s health committee will hear testimony from state insurance commissioners representing the states of Tennessee, Washington, Pennsylvania, Alaska and Oklahoma.
• Julie Mix McPeak, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
• Mike Kreidler, OD, Washington State Insurance Commissioner
• Theresa Miller, JD, Insurance Commissioner of Pennsylvania
• Lori K. Wing-Heier, Director, Alaska Division of Insurance
• John Doak, Commissioner, Oklahoma Department of Insurance
The hearing on Wednesday, September 6th, titled “Stabilizing Premiums and Helping Individuals in the Individual Insurance Market for 2018: Insurance Commissioners,” will take place in Dirksen 430 at 10 a.m ET.
Alexander and Murray announced earlier this month that the committee would hold a series of hearings in September on stabilizing premiums in the individual insurance market so that the 18 million Americans in the individual market will be able to buy insurance at affordable prices in the year 2018.
The committee will hear from governors the next day, Thursday September 7th.